News Report: Is the evidence for austerity (severe debt reduction measures) based on an Excel spreadsheet error?
Answer = Yes!
Austerity's Spreadsheet Error - Carmen Reinhart and Kenneth Rogoff's 2010 debt study inspires austerity around the world, but grad student Thomas Herndon debunks the results. (07:43):
What John Stossel seems to be doing below is trying to sell fake economics to the people...
Austerity's Spreadsheet Error - Graduate student Thomas Herndon identifies little staggering omissions in a prominent academic paper, "Growth in a Time of Debt." (04:19):
What it is to be an American is a function of the type of society we have. We expect firemen to put our a fire. We expect a road to be there to get us wherever we want to go (& not just because a particular route is profitable for toll roads), we expect the cops to come to our house if we call... ALL this services are funded by our taxes for our benefit as per Article 2 Section 8 of the Constitution with every State doing - or not doing - it's part.
We can protest taxes because our taxes gave us a livable society in which we are allowed to protest.
Example of fake economics in Kansas:
Revenue + Expenditure = A State
Sam Brownback's - REVEALING - Conservative Kansas Experiment - Jessica Williams travels to Kansas to investigate the outcome of Governor Sam Brownback's extreme tax-cut experiment. (4:54):
GOP Hypocrisy On The Issue Illustrated
John Boehner reveals the Republican plan to destroy government and create a super-race of right-wing Titans. (3:01):
Reminder: Republican rule put the country on the brink on economic collapse (remember 2008-09?). Even George Bush said that he didn't understand that his ideological position of no taxes etc. turned out to be bad for the economy
On raising the debt ceiling OR 'putting the debt ceiling in context':
Miscellaneous article: 10 Things the GOP Doesn't Want You to Know About the Debt
John Stossel's Example (reprint from an earlier blog post)
Glenn Beck advocates violence...
A look at Glenn Beck & his tendency to promote extreme forms of violence . [People like Glenn Beck having political and social power scare me the most - To understand why please watch this video.] . Instead of violent rhetoric I think the sources of the problems need to be rooted out as I explained here (i.e. aggressively and not the way outlined in GOP funded Liberal Think Tanks).
This will be the result of these violent promotions by Fox News if they achieve thier rioting goal:
1. "He says looting makes "powerless people suddenly feel powerful" and that is "very intoxicating"." -http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14463452 .
2. Simple opportunity for lawlessness by the breakdown of infrastructure -http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/07/dayintech_0713
3. Normal behaviour motivated by greed or heartlessness or simply living by the law of the streets - an example of a complete breakdown of law http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065
4. DAILY SHOW LINK: Britain is very tame - at 2mins and 40 secs, check out the looters standing in line to loot (there were also images of looters helping each other under glass windows etc. - took 2 days for 'batons' to be allowed... no one has guns etc.)
The many perspectives on the Britain riots: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14483149 -
The LA riots were much more violent (there is literally no comparison): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-14501282
The anger at the violent reaction created its own mass movement: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-14490167
The problem of the rumor mill that leads to mass hysteria (at local, national or global levels) and is something that the US media does on a regular basis with its fear marketing (though that may have gone down?), Fox news has taken this fear mongering to criminal levels(IMO): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14490693
Another look at the origin of the 2 reactions in England; "Are they rioters, which implies a political objection, looters, which doesn't, or vandals, etc? It's interesting too that a lot of the people cleaning up embraced the Sun's 'scum' so readily, a reflexive response of anger." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14506159 .
Side Note: The fall of the currency has been a major drumbeat amougnst the Koch Brother Libertarians. This hyperinflation result was predicted for 2001. Then 2012. Now 2013? We have to accept that the Fox Business Libertarians don't understand the economy anymore than a 10 year old. Who, besides the EXTREMELY old & decrepit, are the only ones who believe their crap). But yes, in every outright lie there is a kernel of truth. For QE the kernel of truth is this: "As the Bank of England prepares to vote on quantitative easing, a report argues the extra cash 'exacerbates already extreme income inequality'". Which actually helps the Koch Brothers and any oil manipulations they may be up to. So Fox Business needs to re-think their incitement strategy. Maybe even get an education if the most recent news is any measure of their knowledge:
- Case Study: Many "Business" Channels (Such As Fox Business) Are Designed To Deceive It's Viewers For Profit (Part 1)
- Case Study: Many "Business" Channels (Such As Fox Business) Are Designed To Deceive It's Viewers For Profit - Part 2!
- Case Study: Is Fox News Using Emotional Manipulation To Control It's Viewers? (Kinda Like How People Think Hypnosis Works)
- Case Study: A Look GOP/FoxNews Hypnosis Techniques Using Glenn Beck's Example